The purposes of the Ontario Council News are:
- to share information from other clubs in advance of events and community activities, so that members from other clubs can join in
- to offer inspiration to clubs who may be looking for ideas to make a difference in their communities or to build membership.
Publication Schedule (subject to revision)
|Aug 31/20||Sept 16/20||Pre-meeting News||Oct 3/20|
|Sept 21/20||Registration reminder||Oct 3/20|
|Oct 19/20||Oct 26/20||Post-meeting Reports|
|Nov 9/20||Registration reminder||Nov 21/20|
|Dec 14/20||Dec 21/20||Post-meeting Report|
Post Fall Gathering Reports
Dec 6th reports from clubs
|Feb 5/21||Feb 12/21||Pre-meeting News||Feb 27/21|
|Feb 17/21||Registration reminder||Feb 27/21|
|Mar 19/21||Mar 26/21||Post-meeting Reports||Feb 27/21|
|May/21||Notice of AGM||May/21|
|June/21||June/21||Post AGM Newsletter||May/21|
Instructions for Authors
- Send posters (PDFs are fine) for special events (community events and/or fundraisers that are open to the public) organized by your club (not regular meetings or club AGMs) to the Newsletter Editor as soon as they are ready, and before the submission deadlines above.
- International Women’s Day Events
- Women’s March
- Sisters in Spirit
- December 6th
- All fundraisers (public)
- Writing Competitions
- 100th Anniversary Projects
- If in doubt, ask.
- Your Club events will be added to the Calendar of Events with links in the Ontario Council News.
- Write-ups of special club events and activities that were open to the public (not regular meetings) will be added to the website under Club Actions and Events.
- Each issue of the OC News will have its own page on the website and the newsletter will contain a link to it.
- Following your event, please send a short description, with photos, to the Newsletter Editor.
Please Do Not Send
We are not able to publish regular club activities of all 50 CFUW Ontario Clubs. This includes:
- Information about club meetings, including club AGMs, regardless of your speaker or special guests.
- Information about clubs scholarships or other regular community support.
- Information about letters to MPs, MPPs, or municipal council.