Plans are well underway for the 2019 CFUW Ontario Council AGM and Conference, thanks to the host clubs: CFUW Etobicoke and UWC Toronto.
Our venue is the University of Toronto Faculty Club, 41 Willcocks Street, just three stops South of Bloor on the Spadina street-car line. The Spadina car also runs north from Union Station.
There is no hotel associated with the conference, however, we are able to offer some billeting courtesy of Toronto Club members. We encourage delegates to make their own arrangements, keeping in mind that parking in the area of the site is limited and expensive.
- Some nearby condos offer suites for rent.
- There are 2 university residences close by:
- New College: 21 Classic Ave. 416-946-5317 (washroom not in unit).
- Massey College: 4 Devonshire Place, 416-978-2895 (washrooms in unit). 10 min. walk from venue.
- Madison Manor Boutique Hotel at Bloor and Spadina, a 5 min. walk to Spadina line, 3 stops from the venue. 20 Madison Ave. M5R 2S1 416-922-5579
Chair, Local Arrangements Committee (LAC)
416 – 622 – 5628
patjoyce103 @ yahoo.com
- Leadership Workshops (6:30 – 8:00 pm, May 10, 2019)
- Article and Bylaw Revision Amenders’ Workshop (the first half hour of the Leadership Workshop will include a bylaws Q+A and an overview of the process for the bylaws revision during the AGM business meeting. Hosted by Lori Ker and Myra Willis, Parliamentarian.
- Social Media: Are You Modernized?
- CFUW Ontario Council Business Meeting
- Keynote Speaker: The Honorable Kathleen Wynne
- Talisha Ramsaroop: “Continuing Education in the Jane-Finch Area”
- Mary Jo Leddy: “Experiences of Refugee Women Through Education”
- Rev. Dr Carol Finlay: “After Prison: Women and Future Education”