Any proposed amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws 2019 of the CFUW Ontario Council must be compliant with the following process.
- Any proposed Amendment to the CFUW Ontario Council Bylaws (Form 1), must be fully completed and submitted by email to email@example.com. All proposed amendments must be properly received, on or before February 20, 2020.
- A package of the Proposed Amendments will be sent to Clubs, Regional Directors and members of the CFUW OC Board of Directors for study and evaluation on or before Feb. 28, 2020.
- Any proposed Amendment to proposed Amendments to the Bylaws (Form 2), must be fully completed and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposed amendments to the amendments must be properly received, date stamped or received on or before April 1, 2020 or they will not be considered.
- Proposers of the original Amendment must return their final wording on or before April 15, 2020 along with their rationale for accepting or rejecting proposed Amendments to the Amendment.
- At the AGM, only proposed Amendments to the Amendment properly received and compliant will be allowed from the floor. Bylaw elements that are legally required by the Ontario Corporations Act must be instituted and any amendments to these clauses must be legally consistent.
Although the name and position of the designated signing authority in the Club is required on both Form 1 and Form 2 (download forms below), a signature is not. The date of the club motion to allow the amendment or amendment to the amendment to be proposed is requested.
The package of compliant Amendments to Amendments, along with the final wording of the Proposed Amendment will be distributed to the Clubs, Regional Directors and members of the Board of Directors before the AGM. If it is not possible, such material shall be distributed to members of the voting body on arrival at the AGM.
If you have any questions, please contact the Ontario Council Constitution and Bylaws Committee, at email@example.com