2021 Proposed OC Resolution
CFUW St. Catharines has proposed a resolution to Ontario Council, concerning Human Trafficking Awareness, Prevention and Detection.
Please read it carefully and prepare amendments if you wish. Amendments must be received by the Resolutions Committee Chair on or before April 1st. Any amendments received will be sent to the proposer. CFUW St. Catharines will study the amendments and accept or reject them, and will return an acceptable amended resolution to the Resolutions Committee by April 15th. Ontario Council will then send out the amended proposed resolution to all clubs via e-mail. We will be voting on the resolution at the 2021 Ontario Council Annual General Meeting to be held online Saturday, May 15, 2021.
For the pdf package, click on the link: Ontario Council 2021 Proposed Resolution, Background and Bibliography
For the Word package, click on the link: Ontario Council 2021 Proposed Resolution, Background and Bibliography-WORD
You will find:
- Human Trafficking Awareness, Prevention and Detection, proposed by CFUW St. Catharines
- Resolution Amendment Guidelines 2020-2021 (This includes important dates.)
- Ontario Council Resolution Amendments/Acceptance/Rejection form for submitting amendments, etc.
Adopted Policy 2020
At the National CFUW AGM this summer, six resolutions were proposed by Ontario clubs, and subsequently adopted.
- Achieving the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action: CFUW Stratford
- Canada Health Act and National Standards for Medically Necessary Care Across Provinces And Territories: CFUW Markham-Unionville
- Climate Emergency – Declarations and Action Plans: CFUW Stratford
- Long-Term Care under the Canada Health Act – 2020: CFUW Stratford & South Shore University Women’s Club (Montreal)
- Long-Term Care: Protect the Vulnerable: CFUW Oakville
- Payday Loans: CFUW Ottawa
The Ontario Council Resolution Process
Ontario Council Policy
(incorporates resolutions as passed by Ontario Council, CFUW, and GWI)
These resolutions have been researched and proposed by CFUW Clubs, National Committees and/or Provincial Councils. They are studied by the Clubs, voted on at Club level, amended where necessary, and subsequently approved through a democratic process, at either the Ontario Annual General Meeting in May or the CFUW Annual General Meeting.
Overview of CFUW Resolutions
At the CFUW 100th Anniversary celebration, Cheryl Ambrose, National VP Advocacy, took us through 100 years of national resolutions (PowerPoint presentation opens in new tab) adopted by the CFUW membership.
Ontario Council (OC) also has a small collection of Ontario-specific resolutions that has been adopted during our own 40-year history. Read more …