Adopted Policy 2020
At the National CFUW AGM this summer, six resolutions were proposed by Ontario clubs, and subsequently adopted.
- Achieving the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action: CFUW Stratford
- Canada Health Act and National Standards for Medically Necessary Care Across Provinces And Territories: CFUW Markham-Unionville
- Climate Emergency – Declarations and Action Plans: CFUW Stratford
- Long-Term Care under the Canada Health Act – 2020: CFUW Stratford & South Shore University Women’s Club (Montreal)
- Long-Term Care: Protect the Vulnerable: CFUW Oakville
- Payday Loans: CFUW Ottawa
The Ontario Council Resolution Process
Ontario Council Policy
(incorporates resolutions as passed by Ontario Council, CFUW, and GWI)
These resolutions have been researched and proposed by CFUW Clubs, National Committees and/or Provincial Councils. They are studied by the Clubs, voted on at Club level, amended where necessary, and subsequently approved through a democratic process, at either the Ontario Annual General Meeting in May or the CFUW Annual General Meeting.
Overview of CFUW Resolutions
At the CFUW 100th Anniversary celebration, Cheryl Ambrose, National VP Advocacy, took us through 100 years of national resolutions (PowerPoint presentation opens in new tab) adopted by the CFUW membership.
Ontario Council (OC) also has a small collection of Ontario-specific resolutions that has been adopted during our own 40-year history. Read more …