CFUW has always encouraged its members to bring about change, especially in those areas affecting women: care & caring, long term care, early learning and child care, education, economic prosperity, the environment, violence against women and the empowerment of women as leaders and decision-makers.”
CFUW Ontario Council’s Advocacy Team
- CFUW OC President: Sandy Thomson
- Advocacy Standing Committee Chair: Teri Shaw
- Education Standing Committee Chair: Wendy Taylor
- Legislation Standing Committee Chair: Lisa Long
- Status of Women & Human Rights Standing Committee Chair: Sandra Shaw
- Policy Advisors:
- Margaret McGovern – Early Learning & Child Care
- Sheila Lacroix – Housing
- Dr. Shelley Ball – Environment
- Myrtle Greve – Poverty
WHEN WRITING OR SPEAKING “ON BEHALF OF CFUW” and asking for some action, this must be based on CFUW and Ontario Council public policy as found in the Ontario Council and CFUW Policy Books; sent to your local MPPs/MPs/local authorities; signed by the President or her designate.
For more detail, click on the link above for CFUW Ontario Council Advocacy Guidelines.
CFUW Who Does What clarifies this more.
Advocacy tools and resources.