The 2022 OC Membership Challenge
Thank you to all the Ontario Council clubs who took part in the Ontario Council Membership Challenge, 2022. Winners were chosen in the two categories of Recruitment and Retention and each received a $300 prize. The criteria for judging was based on following the contest directions, creativity, measurable results stated, and ease of replication by other clubs.
And the winners were … drum roll please!
Recruitment: CFUW Peterborough – recruited new members by organizing several outdoor activities at various local venues (holiday planter workshop at a local greenhouse, meet and greet, visit to an outdoor gallery), invited guests to each, and showed them what the club is and does to gain their interest before asking them to join.
Retention: CFUW Cornwall – Regular communication and celebration and recognition of members and their stories via phone calls, social media shares and posts, newsletters and virtual activities were the keys to Cornwall’s success.
Please click here to learn about all of the recruitment and retention strategies that were submitted, and thanks again to all the Clubs that participated.
Join a Club near where you live or work. Local Clubs offer their members opportunities to meet regularly to socialize, to learn and to contribute to their community.
Join a CFUW club as a:
- Any woman who supports the goals of CFUW is welcome to join.
- CFUW member Clubs can be found in cities and towns across Ontario. Check to see if there is a Club in your area and contact them to become a member List of Clubs
- Women who are residents of Canada and students at a post-secondary institution.
- A student member is entitled to all privileges and responsibilities of being a full CFUW member but pays only fifty percent of club dues.
- Students can also become members-at-large
- Women who support the goals of CFUW but do not live near a local CFUW Club can become an E-Member
Applications to become an E-member can be found on the National CFUW website
Fees vary from club to club, depending on activities, venue, etc. Clubs pay a portion of their fees to CFUW National to cover the important work that is done on behalf of clubs across the country. In addition, $6.25 is paid to CFUW Ontario Council on behalf of each member.
Corporate Membership in Ontario Council
CFUW Ontario Council corporate membership is open to Ontario non-partisan clubs, who have at least 10 individual members, and who are interested in furthering the purposes and objectives of CFUW Ontario Council. Click the link for the OC Corporate Membership Application.
Corporate Affiliation with Ontario Council
Affiliation with CFUW Ontario Council is open to individual or non-partisan organizations who are aligned with the purposes and objectives of CFUW Ontario Council. Click the link for the OC Corporate Affiliation Application.