Support | Action | Legacy
- To clubs’ projects (local, provincially, nationally, internationally)
- To causes and communities
- To individual members through the sisterhood and camaraderie of the clubs
- To partners
- To women and girls overall
- Scholarships and fundraising
- Lifelong learning through speakers and interest and study groups
- Community action
- Advocacy actions at all levels
- What we’ve accomplished
- What we have to offer
Formed in 1978, CFUW Ontario Council is a voluntary, self-funded, non-profit organization governed by a 13 member Executive Board. It is affiliated with the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW). Its members seek to improve public policy in education, the status of women and girls, environment, human rights, peace, and justice.
CFUW Ontario Council is committed to:
- The pursuit of knowledge
- The promotion of education
- The improvement of the status of women and girls
- An active participation in public affairs in a spirit of cooperation and friendship.
Ontario Council was created to:
- To promote cooperation and facilitate communication of information and ideas among CFUW Clubs in Ontario.
- To promote the policies and programs of CFUW.
- To encourage and initiate studies with respect to matters of a provincial nature.
- To make representation to the appropriate provincial authorities consistent with Ontario Council policy.
- To promote an understanding of provincial and national issues and their implications through dialogue among member Clubs.
SOURCE: CFUW Ontario Council Constitution & Bylaws (2019)