Education | Action | Advocacy
- Scholarships and fundraising
- Speakers Series and Workshop programs
- Life-long learning through Study and Interest groups
- Expert policy advisors
- Community action: raising of member club profiles
- Member club support – financial incentives
- Promotion of club resolutions/issues
- Participation in public affairs
- Assistance with and promotion of social media/technology
- Representation to the provincial authorities consistent with Ontario Council policy
- Assistance to clubs to help make their voices and concerns heard
- Connection with partners to expand our support and influence
Formed in 1978, CFUW Ontario Council is a voluntary, self-funded, non-profit women’s organization governed by a 13 member Executive Board. It is affiliated with the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW). Its members seek to improve public policy in education, the status of women and girls, environment, human rights, peace, and justice. A brief report of Ontario Council’s activities since the May 2020 AGM is available here.
CFUW Ontario Council:
- Advocates for the advancement of the status of women, human rights and the common good.
- Promotes cooperation, communication, networking, support and understanding among women.
- Promotes high standards of education, lifelong learning and advanced study and research by women.
- Encourages and enables women to apply their knowledge and skills in leadership and decision-making in all aspects of their lives.
Ontario Council was created to:
- Promote friendship and informed cooperation among Ontario clubs
- Coordinate programmes designed to bring change at the provincial or national level, thus uniting our efforts to effect action
- Get to know the capabilities of women in other clubs
From Guidelines for an Ontario Provincial Council of the Canadian Federation of University Women.