Housing for All
At the 2018 Ontario Council AGM this past May, the membership adopted the resolution, Housing For All in Ontario. For Clubs wishing to advocate on this adopted resolution, three items are available:
- Housing Handout-Act Locally, 2018: An advocacy handout that gives you ideas and resources for action within your community
- Housing letter template for clubs, Oct.2018: A template letter for your MPP
Ontario Government Education Consultation
At the time of writing, the provincial education has announced its consultation about Education in Ontario. The Open Submission is available now with a deadline of December. 15th. The Survey and the Telephone Town Halls are to come
Please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/for-the-parents to learn about it. Topics being covered:
- Improving student performance in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Preparing students with needed job skills, such as skilled trades and coding
- Improving provincial standardized testing
- Ensuring students graduate with important life skills, including financial literacy
- Managing the use of technology in classrooms, such as cell phones
- Building a new age-appropriate Health and Physical Education curriculum that includes subjects like mental health, sexual health education and the legalization of cannabis
- Developing the first-ever Parents’ Bill of Rights
Over the next few weeks, we will create a package for you highlighting CFUW policy plus some other background information that will help your club develop a submission, or participate in the telephone town hall.
CFUW Ontario Council will also be submitting comments prior to December 15, 2018.